Thursday, January 1, 2015

resolutions? me? what are you implying?

i'm not a huge fan of resolutions, even if i mentally throw out a few challenges for myself on new years day after reflecting on the accomplishments of the previous year.

new years day is posed as a "magic" day where we can overhaul our bad behaviours (usually overindulgence of the holiday season) and start anew.  we build elaborate time justifications to assuage our guilt.

i'm all for positive improvements in daily life, but i like to think in terms of the big picture, nicely summarized in the top five regrets of the dying, posted by the guardian. 


and of course the great bill watterson provides amusing perspective with his wonderful characters calvin and hobbes.  




1 comment:

Big Mark 243 said...

... I happen to have a print copy from the newspaper the day "stick to my strengths" originally ran...

...this post helped me out a lot..!